.....and other random stuff......

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Post Partum Blues


I am a pretty even keeled person emotionally. 

I mean, I never had raging PMS.  I don’t go off the deep end. I don’t yell and scream.  I may bang a pot now and then, but for the most part my emotions are pretty much in check.


The one time I remember feeling totally out of control was after son 1 was born.

I sat on the couch sobbing uncontrollably. (I should say here, I don’t cry. I mean I don’t cry in real life. I cry at movies, and an occasional Publix commercial can bring a tear to my eye, but in real life situations I am the stiff upper lip type.)

So there I was sobbing and poor husband had no clue. He looked more miserable than I.  

He knelt down beside me and very gently took my hand in his and asked “What’s wrong?”

 I wailed, “I DON”T KNOW HOW TO BE A MOMMY!”

The hormonal roller coaster, bleh!

2 comments:

  1. Yep, been there and bought the T-shirt! Silly when you look back isn't it. Love your sketch it SO sums it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hormonal rollercoaster. I think my grandson is on one now. I think he's growing up (and he really is finally after being Mr. Shortest-in-class for so many years he's now 5'10") and his hormones are causing some really blue days. Trouble is, he had a total meltdown back in elementary school so we have cause to worry about his blues. Hopefully they'll go by like most of our "mommy blues" did.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!