.....and other random stuff......

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Santa Claus


One year, when my brother and I were little (and still believed) my father hired the Santa from Macy’s to come to our house.

My mother organized a party and invited all the neighborhood kids. She gave the Santa our names and a little information about each of us.

When it was my turn to sit on Santa’s lap he asked me if I had been a good girl. I answered yes. He looked at me skeptically and said, “So, you’ve stopped sucking your thumb then?”

I quickly put my hands behind my back so he wouldn’t see the callus on my thumb and then, looking him straight in the eye, I told Santa a boldfaced lie!

I guess my parents thought the threat of Santa knowing I sucked my thumb would be enough to deter me.

It didn’t.

All it did was make me worry until Christmas morning (when I saw my presents LOL.)

3 comments:

  1. And I hope you got the presents you wanted..LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always your stories bring a big smile to my face, and I can see it in my mind.
    Have a wonderful Christmas!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!