.....and other random stuff......

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Words of Wisdom


“When my daughter was about seven years old, she asked me one day what I did at work. I told her I worked at the college—that my job was to teach people how to draw. She stared at me, incredulous, and said ‘You mean they forget?”
--- Howard Ikemoto

This is one of the BEST quotes I have ever read! 
Why is it we ‘forget’ how to draw? Or is it we just bury it?
Remember how you felt when you were a kid and just drew for the fun of it? Before people criticized what you drew? Before you learned to criticize yourself?
Do you still get that unadulterated joy and feeling of freedom when you create?

4 comments:

  1. Awesome quote! Wish I could find that child like freedom in drawing again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote.
    The answer to your question is yes. I'd create even if no-one saw it, because its so much fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Pat. Yes, I would keep on creating even if no one saw it because I'm happier doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this quote too. We do forget - how to enjoy, how to do it for ourself, how to tell a story with our drawings. We forget everything but the negative comments that halt us in our tracks. Such a shame.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!