.....and other random stuff......

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco de Mayo Sucks

Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against the Mexican holiday itself. It’s just that’s the day my mother died.

I could go blissfully along not remembering and maybe even have the day slip by unnoticed, except that the beer companies insist on reminding me.

Constantly.

For weeks ahead of time.

Now, I remember the date my father died but it’s not a national holiday, so it passes me by without any major effects.

But Cinco de Mayo, not so much.

I’m going to have to remember to bring this point up when I see my mother again, ‘You know, Mom, you could have picked a better day!”

I miss my mom.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, a very personal time for you. I do understand where you are coming from, have been there. What a beautiful lady your mother was....and probably still is in the place we have yet to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand how you feel. My Dad died on September 11th 4 yrs prior to THE Sept 11th. I remember waking that morning feeling very sad, missing my Dad only to have those feelings put on hold with what had really happened. I could ask myself the same question. Why that day?!
    Your Mom was an beautiful, elegant woman. I miss my Dad, too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!