.....and other random stuff......

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I used to be Feisty

When I was twenty, I got a job as a telephone operator. It was very regimented. VERY. You were timed for EVERYTHING. You had to wait outside the office door until precisely the time your shift started, and ‘plug in’ at exactly the minute you were scheduled for.
If you were late, they ‘wrote it up’ in your permanent record!

One day I knew I was going to be late so I called to ask for time off.
The supervisor said. “No! You’d better get here PDQ!”
I got in my little four cylinder Pinto and flew like the wind to get there on time. (And I’m sure I broke a few traffic laws!)
I was ONE MINUTE late.
The supervisor said she was going to write me up.
I said, “Okay, in that case I’m going down to the cafeteria and have a cup of tea and calm down from rushing to be here on time.”
She looked at me and said, “You can’t do that!”
I said, “Watch me! If you’re going to write me up for being late then I’m going to be good and G—D------ late!”

I wonder what ever happened to that permanent record? LOL

I used to be Feisty.

Now, I’m just too tired, LOL!

6 comments:

  1. Lol great story, I've had similar experiences in toooooo many of my workplaces to count...but then they were all in London so may be it's a rat race environment thing lol I say it's a blessing though if the feisty side of you is having a break - hopefully means no events have happened to bring her out because I'm sure she'll come back when required :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I expect your permanent record is floating around in the ether somewhere, when I spot it I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I think your feistiness just changed gears a little!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol at the cup of tea and being good and late :)
    Miss Feisty is still in there.. just biding her time ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!! Awesome :D Here's to feistiness :D I'm not so feisty. Never was. Probably never will be... But I always have the best answers I *should* have given by the time I get home ;) I'm feisty in my HEAD, and it's fun - in a frustrating way, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous post. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!