.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Tale of Four Kitties

Husband says I have a neon sign on my forehead that only felines can see, which flashes ‘SUCKER” in giant pink letters!
(Paints quite a mental picture doesn’t it? LOL)

I’m afraid he might be right though.

And that is how we became ‘parents’ to four stray kitties.
And not all at once. No. They came to me one at a time.

I pulled up in front of our house one cold winter night and as I opened the door DC jumped into my lap and snuggled in. It was apparent he wasn’t going anywhere, and it was cold, so of course I brought him inside.
He was number one. (DC stands for dumb cat, by the way. He was without a doubt the ‘not smartest’ cat I have ever known. I don’t really want to call him stupid. That would be hurtful.)

Casey was next into the clan.
Casey was a Christmas gift from my mother to Husband, because, as she put it, “I don’t believe in ‘only cats’.  (You know, like ‘only children’.)

Then came Cindy.
Cindy was a stray left at the building where I was working at the time. I tried (I really tried) to get anyone else in the building to take her.
So of course, she came home with me.

Last, but not least (and my personal favorite) was Tigger.
I was visiting my parents on a cold and snowy winter night. As I sat in their living room I kept saying “Did you hear that?” 
Understand, we were inside, tucked in nice and cozy and warm and somewhat sound proofed from the outside world. And I STILL heard the meows. 
No one else did.
I went outside and out of nowhere Tgger leapt into my arms.
I couldn’t just leave him to freeze to death!

Husband (as much of a critter person as he is) was not pleased with me that night.

So we became a happy and furry family of six!

Then came kids, but that’s a whole ‘nother story! LOL

4 comments:

  1. Well I think its lovely to be 'the chosen one'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ann...you were chosen and it's a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adopted a couple of strays long ago. Himself is not a catophile and was not happy. When those kitties crossed the rainbow bridge and we had children, The Eldest was deathly afraid of animals. Not good, I told Himself. He wanted a dog. Will you walk the dog at 11pm when it's two below? I won't. We went to the shelter and got a kitty. And I'm sorry I blogged on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless you for being a friend to those cats in need. I'm full of admiration xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!