.....and other random stuff......

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Dinner at the El San Juan


We also had dinner at the El San Juan.
I t was supposed to be a very good restaurant.
I beg to differ.

First of all they sat us, alone, in a room at the back of the restaurant.
Not a nice private party room. No! A room that had chairs piled on top of the tables in the back.
Then they proceeded to ignore us, bring the wrong food, and when they did decide to bring the food it was cold.
It was without a doubt the WORST service I have ever encountered!
I was livid!
And to make my point I left a penny as a tip.
Mind you, we had voiced our displeasure (kindly, but firmly) throughout the whole meal.
I guess because we were young they just didn’t take us seriously.

Until we were walking out of the restaurant.
Only THEN did we receive any attention.
 The waiter, after seeing the penny, came running after us saying, “This!? This is what you leave me?”

I think if he had stopped there that would have been the end of it and I would have slunk out feeling rather shabby.
But he didn’t stop there.
He followed us the whole length of the restaurant yelling!

Something in me snapped.
I spun around and started back towards him yelling just as loud as he was, “YES! THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT I LEFT YOU BECAUSE THAT’S WHAT YOU DESERVE! AND IF YOU KEEP THIS UP I’LL TAKE THAT AWAY TOO!”

….now, in my head I remember hearing applause as we walked the last few yards to the door, but that may just be revisionist history.
;)

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a picture you painted in my mind! Bravo to you for standing up to the waiter! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a girl that can stand up for herself! Amazing that he thought he could get away with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go girl! Good for you. I think you over tipped personally.lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know Tip stands for to insure prompt service? We had horrible service at a Friday's restaurant. Himself didn't leave a tip, but wrote on the receipt it was because of such poor service.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!