.....and other random stuff......

Friday, January 25, 2013

I’M PINXTY!

The last time I was upset about a birthday was when I was 25.
I know that sounds silly but I was sure that by the time I was 25 I would be burning up the world.

I would be a well know writer, published several slim but notable and profound volumes.
Be sought out by the ‘in’ people.

Ah, youth!

It’s not that I’m upset about being sixty. I don’t feel like sixty. I’m told I don’t look like sixty, or act like it either!
I guess I should be grateful I got this far!
I just don’t like the SOUND of the word.
SIXTY.
It sounds much too final somehow.

So I’ve decided NOT to be SIXTY but PINXTY!
To paraphrase:
Do not go gentle into that decade…….

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I hope your day comes up roses. All pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♪♫♪♪♪♫♪♪ HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBIN ♪♫♪♪♪♫♪♪....
    HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY. (I reached 'that number' in 2012...can't believe it either) LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS! Her 60s were one of my mom's best decades, so. (Says someone who is 40 and who hopes her mom does not read this). Have a great first day!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!