.....and other random stuff......

Friday, July 7, 2017

The Dunning-Kruger Effect

Sometimes you come across something so perfect you just have to share.

For example: The Dunning-Kruger Effect: In the field of psychology the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein persons of low ability suffer from illusory superiority mistakenly assessing their cognitive ability as greater than it is. 

In other words…..being too stupid to appreciate just how stupid you are.

Now THIS little tidbit of knowledge could come in handy in my everyday life! 
I can mumble DUNNING-KRUGER under my breath whenever I come upon a walking, breathing example of said theory.
They won’t know they’ve just been insulted because…..you know, DUNNING-KRUGER…….and it will go far in relieving my frustration.  

I can see it being useful in sooooo many situations. 

4 comments:

  1. I find it easier to utter Idiot or Idjit with select adjectives. The modifiers really make the utterances extremely satisfying. (-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have brought tears to my eyes with laughter at this one Robin.Thank you for adding some cheer to my day. That line 'In other words...' just has me in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this in action. Too many people have a self inflated idea of their smartness! Sometimes they even get elected by lots of other people who fit the same category - and now I'd be in trouble if I were on Facebook lol.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!