.....and other random stuff......

Monday, August 5, 2013

The Case of the Missing Bug


There is was.
In the corner.
Six little legs pointing to the heavens.
Dead.
I noticed it out of the corner of my eye.
I meant to get rid of it but I was in the middle of doing something else.
I’ll get it later.
Later….my hands were full.
I’ll get it later.
Later…..goes on for a day.
When I finally remember and go back to get it, it’s gone.
The dead bug is gone!
Did it suddenly reanimate and walk away?
In its place is just a small pile of dust (for lack of a better word.)
(For the sake of honesty in reporting this pile of dust could just be an indictment on my housekeeping skills, not really relevant to the dead bug issue.)

But now I’m wondering who/what took the bug.
And should I be fearful that whoever/whatever it is….is coming for me?


6 comments:

  1. If your bug was anything like this cute bug you have drawn, then perhaps you could organise a party for it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be afraid, be very afraid and carry a can of Raid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe he was just resting when you saw him?? probably not. this would freak me out a little, i think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha ha. The comments are as funny as the story. Yes, maybe he was laying on his back getting a sun tan. all six legs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha :D In my house, dead bugs - and yes, I said bugS, flies, to be precise - stay exactly where they are. For days. Which isn't necessarily a better thing ;) You could try being grateful for it removing itself on for size? I'm afraid I'm going to have to actually DO something about them dead flies, myself. Not relishing, much ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!