The proper way to eat an Oreo (aka the robin way)
1. Gather necessary tools: silver demitasse spoon, plate of 4 Oreo cookies (original kind only,) tall glass of ice cold milk.
2. Find a comfy secluded place where you won’t be disturbed (or have to share.)
3. Settle in.
4. Take first cookie and twist apart.
5. With pinky finger in an upright position, use the silver demitasse spoon to carefully scrape off the crème filling and eat.
6. Take remaining chocolate biscuit and carefully submerge into the milk. (This takes great practice and mastery; too long and the cookie will disintegrate and fall to the bottom of the glass; too short a time and it’s not sufficiently soggy to thoroughly enjoy.)
7. Eat mushy cookie.
8. Pause to savor experience and to take a drink of milk.
9. Repeat steps 2 through 8.
Oreos have always played a significant role in our family. I was an Oreoholic and apparently I passed this genetic defect on to Son2.
On tomorrow’s episode : Caught Red Handed