.....and other random stuff......

Friday, January 12, 2018

My Twisted Mind

I think there might be something seriously wrong with me…...(no comments from the peanut gallery, please!) 

Here’s one reason why.

As I sit at my desk in the studio I can see out the front window. I can see my neighbor’s house across the street. I watch their comings and goings…..nothing very interesting. Going to work (I assume) grocery shopping, walking the dog. Just run of the mill stuff.

Until last week when I saw the male neighbor, let’s call him Doug, put out a mattress and box spring for the garbage men to pick up (upside down I might add!!) I also noticed I hadn’t seen his wife, let’s call her Sandra, in the last few weeks. Her car was there but I hadn’t seen her tending to her plants on the front porch like usual, or coming and going from work. Hmmmm……

My imagination started to bubble. Had Doug killed her and was throwing out the bloodied mattress to get rid of the evidence. Seems unlikely he would put it out for the garbage men but sometimes hiding in plain sight is the best way to hide!

Then came the U-Haul truck! Aha! What a brilliant way to get rid of the body!!!!! Nobody would think to question that! It sat in the driveway for two days. Plenty of time to clean up the scene of the crime!

My imagination was swirling……then their daughter came home.

Apparently she finished grad school and was moving out….. she hadn’t really been living at home since she went off to college. Just comes and goes occasionally for holidays.


I have to admit I was kinda’ disappointed. Well, not really. I’m glad Doug hasn’t killed his wife….but it WAS an interesting few days there…..

7 comments:

  1. But did you actually see Sandra?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to ask about Sandra!!! Now you have us all pondering and worrying. For goodness sake, I would have phoned the Police by now and made a complete numpty of myself....so glad you were sensible enough to wait and observe. Oh, and please could you write a book. Doesn't have to be long, short stories will do, but they would be brilliant...I know they would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaaaa, I can just see you sitting there and observing it all :-D And I agree with Ann: please write a book! I'd love to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Doug didn't murder his wife, but the daughter did? Doug is helping cover up the daughter's matricide? (:-D Get it?!?! I just slay me) So where's Sandra?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, ha, ha! I’d say that’s a normal way the mind works - or I am loony too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!