.....and other random stuff......

Monday, July 18, 2011

What I Did Today……..

I chased a hawk out of my yard with a pool skimmer!
(I’ll give you a moment for the visual to sink in.)

Crazed woman chasing wildlife with pool skimmer
We have a humongous Arborvitae tree that the birds use as an apartment house/nursery.  There must be chicks in the nest.

I noticed a lot of commotion and squawking from the Jay’s. 
Then I saw the hawk swoop down.

I don’t know what possessed me to intervene. 
But the poor Jay’s were beside themselves trying to keep the hawk out of the tree, and before I knew what I was doing I grabbed the first thing I could think of and went running!

(I can only imagine what the German vacationers swimming in the pool across the canal must have thought as they saw this crazy American woman running around her yard swinging a pool skimmer and yelling at a hawk!)

Free entertainment!

Bwhahahahahahaha!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, you probably should have let them fight their own battle but what caring human can provide a tree for birds and then let a predator have free reign to feast on the baby birds? I'd have had trouble letting nature take it's course too! Of course, saving the baby birds may mean the hawk has to eat some mouse, rabbit or their babies! Nature isn't very nice sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’re right, Timaree, but I’d like to think the hawk went on to catch a fish. For some reason fish don’t elicit any ‘warm fuzzy’’ feelings in me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you paint such a wonderful picture. I can hear the commotion from here. XX

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!