.....and other random stuff......

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Another Creature


I’ve been trying to get comfortable with charcoal and pastels.
I like the smearing around and blending with my fingers part.
I like how they layer.
I like the soft ethereal look they have.
Now if I could just master more control and actually make the marks on the paper the way I see it in my head I’d be all set! LOL
I decided to try Carla Sonheim’s technique of layering colors and finding a creature, but with charcoal instead of water colors.
I broke off a small piece of charcoal and used it on its side and just sort of slid it around randomly. Then blended with my fingers. Then added color pastels, a little pen work and just let it develop.
I really like her eye, but I don’t like how her ‘fur’ looks.
(Note to self: work on texture! LOL)
Chloe

5 comments:

  1. Love your diversity...You always make it look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chloe's pretty cute. She's got sweetness!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she's lovely....looks a bit like my daughter when she wakes up in the morning...part creature/part cute (tee hee). xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!