.....and other random stuff......

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

???????????

Years ago I went to meet my mother and aunt for dinner at a local restaurant.
When I got there I looked for them.
I checked the bar, but I only saw two little old gray haired ladies so I turned around to leave.
I took several steps before I realized it was them!
I was totally caught off guard! I hadn’t realized that they were growing older.
I guess it’s like that when you see someone every day.
I tell you this story as a preface to what happened to me the other day.
I was walking along, minding my own business when I caught a glimpse of a, dare I say it (?) older woman’s reflection.
It actually took me several seconds to compute in my tiny little brain that it was MY reflection!
OMG
When did I turn into my mother?!
I look at myself every day, and yet I don’t really see myself! I see what I expect to see, not what’s really there!
 Maybe that’s a good thing for my sanity! LOL

5 comments:

  1. Just keep in touch with that little girl inside and don't worry too much about the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An old lady always jumps in between me and the mirror ...I wish she would go away so I could see my reflection!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figure as long as we still "see" ourselves as young it will all be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the same thing in the mirror the other day - rather shocking that I'm developing so much, ahem, "character" - lol! But my 84-yr-old mom told me she still feels like she's 30 on the inside, so it's gonna be ok :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!