.....and other random stuff......

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Good Things Happen When I Let Go

It’s hard to remember that sometimes.
I find when I sit down to sketch, or paint or stitch, I try to influence the results.
This often ends up less than spectacular.
 But when I let go and relax and just let it be what it wants to be, the outcome is much, much better.
So why is it we can’t just let that happen every time?
Why do we have this overwhelming need to direct the outcome?
Or is it just me………………?
Can you say control issues? lol

4 comments:

  1. I was only saying this to husb. the other day! When I paint and don't really think about it, the painting comes out good...wonder why?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's this artist (Mystele of Little Glimpses Studios) who does what she calls GutArt and it's such a free flowing process. I tried painting that way and found it to be very liberating. I'm new at sketching and painting so I think I'm more open to free flow. However, that is not the case with hobbies that I am good at. I definitely try to control the outcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. When I sit down to paint just for ME...with nothing but pure relaxation and flow, I'm much happier with the results. When I purposefully try to create something, usually for blogs or workshops,it always ends up worse than I hoped. I guess it's a sign of the times...stress, speed of life, perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ow yes, I can say 'control issues' - in fact, much more fluently than I'd like, LOL! & I agree with your observation, wholeheartedly, too. Letting go is liberating, on all fronts, but it's quite a steep learning curve... ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!