.....and other random stuff......

Saturday, September 3, 2011

My Mother’s Hands

My mother had extraordinary hands.
Long slender fingers, perfectly manicured nails and always, ALWAYS blazing red nail polish. (Revlon’s Million Dollar Red with matching lipstick.)
I have vivid memories of my mother’s hands.
Holding a cigarette in those long slender fingers always looked so elegant and graceful to me as a kid.
My husband says I have her hands.
I don’t think he could pay me a nicer compliment. 
(Except maybe chrome! LOL)

4 comments:

  1. Well, you've got to 'hand' it to your husband, at least he noticed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember your 'real' life hands, but the sketched ones are beautiful. I've always thought..and said..I got my father's hands - and though I loved him dearly (and still do), it isn't such a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the drawing & that's a lovely compliment... Like the chrome one, really :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!