.....and other random stuff......

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lies My Bother Told Me

I have a brother.

He is five years older than I.

When we were younger, his sole mission in life was to torture me.

And he did a fine job!

Because he was older, I idolized him. And I believed every word he ever said to me. It never occurred to me that he would tell me anything but the truth.

So when he told me that milk was cow pee, I believed him! (Hey, for a kid who is a little shaky on anatomy it made perfect sense! It DOES come from that general vicinity of the cow!)

Our mother could never understand why I suddenly started hating milk!

He also told me monsters lived under my bed. That they had long stretchy arms that could reach across rooms, around corners and down stairs. But they were afraid of rock and roll music, so to keep them from coming out from under my bed I had to sleep with my radio on all night.

To this day I still can’t dangle my arm or leg over the side of the bed for fear of being pulled down into the monster underworld! LOL

I still love him but I’ve learned that not everything he tells me is strictly the truth!

3 comments:

  1. LOL I can't sleep with an arm or foot dangling out of the bed either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha LOL...sounds like a typical boy. Glad you still love him though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my family the trouble maker was an older sister except for my younger sister who had to put up with a younger brother more than I did. She is the one who let us know that gravy is just cooked blood and she would encourage us to act up at the dinner table. She is the one who got us to order pizzas for different addresses other than our own. Oh yes, and to try smoking cigarettes we found in sand-filled urns outside of church. (I'm not sure who branded the car's plastic upholstery with the cigarette lighter but I am afraid my curiosity could have been the culprit). Oh she was wicked and we all followed wherever she led us! It never dawned on us that some of these things were real no-nos like the pizza. We just thought it was a funny joke. Hmmm, if she was 16 then I was probably 10 so we really didn't know what we were doing.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!