.....and other random stuff......

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Iced Coffee

My mother LOVED her coffee! She especially loved iced coffee. 
In the summer months she drank almost nothing but.
The trouble was most restaurants didn’t serve iced coffee. 
‘Back in the day’ it wasn’t like it is now. No Starbucks on every corner, no gourmet coffees, just a plain ‘ole cuppa Joe.
She didn’t understand why a restaurant WOULDN’T serve iced coffee. (Plus she was a rather determined person and wanted what she wanted! LOL)
One evening, while eating out, she decided the time had come for her to set the restaurant industry straight about the whole iced coffee conundrum.
The waitress came to the table and my mother asked for iced coffee.
The waitress said they didn’t serve iced coffee.
My mother said, “Do you have ice?”
“Yes” replied the waitress.
“Do you have coffee?” asked my mother.
“Yes” said the waitress.
My mother said, “Bring me a glass of ice and a cup of coffee, please."
When the waitress returned with the requested items my mother said to her, “Watch.”
She proceeded to pour the cup of coffee into the glass of ice.
My mother looked at the waitress triumphantly and said “There! See how easy it is? Now you serve iced coffee!”

She was a woman ahead of her time!

(I wonder if my mother was Starbucks inspiration? LOL)

5 comments:

  1. I could do with being more like your mother! Another great drawing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! My Mom used to drink iced coffee a lot in the summer as well. Yes, your mother sounds like she was a woman ahead of her time. I like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this story as I do all of yours. I must have been really down to stay away from the uplifting I get when I come here.

    I never used to like iced coffee but I sure do like the venti, mocha frappucino with whipped cream I get at Starbucks! The ones I tried at McDonald's and at Seattle's Best weren't as good. I have enjoyed on rare occasions, a shot of Jim Beam whiskey in a large mug of coffee too!

    Your mother had spunk. I wonder if they ever served iced coffee afterwards at that restaurant?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother recommended I might like this blog.
    He was totally right. This post truly made my
    day. You cann't imagine just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

    Feel free to visit my web page: green coffee beans

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!