.....and other random stuff......

Thursday, July 11, 2013

I Didn’t Buy Eggs


I didn’t buy eggs because, as you know, I suffer from ‘puppy syndrome’ (the inability to control myself when it comes to food.)
And if I don’t buy eggs, then I won’t be tempted to eat said eggs (which are not good for my cholesterol.)

Along comes the 4th of July.
Big food holiday.
At least in our family.
It requires copious amounts of red meat and mayonnaise-y salads.

But I didn’t buy eggs.

So I can’t make potato or macaroni salad. 
Because my mother’s recipes require hard boiled eggs.
Instead I opt to slice the potatoes paper thin and bake them to a delicious see through crispiness in the oven.

Because I didn’t buy eggs.

My oven only has two racks so I am limited to the amount of potato chips I can make, therefore saving me from myself and my aforementioned ‘puppy syndrome’.

We have chicken burgers and homemade potato chips and carrot sticks. A healthy meal I’m sure my doctor would approve, all because I didn’t buy eggs!

I feel downright saintly! 
Excuse me, I have to go polish my halo now……..

4 comments:

  1. I am impressed with your self control oh saintly one! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You're a better man than I, Gunga Din." I would have bought mayo and eggs, made the salads and consoled myself with it's just one day

    ReplyDelete
  3. So now I know what I have, too...puppy syndrome. Didn't know there was a name for it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!